Monday, August 8, 2011

A Walk by the sides of Pangong...

That morning I woke up at 4.30 AM just to witness the first rays of the sun. The place was quiet, scenic n very mystical.... Calling it 'out of this world place' would not be incorrect. Cold, pleasant breeze added wonderful effect to the entire scene. After waiting for a while the golden rays of sun started glowing the clouds across the lake above the mountains... slowly the darkness was taken over by bright sunlight. Black peaks turned into grey and then to its original brown color. I kept on clicking the entire scene till my camera battery died out. I sat there for a long time to enjoy nature. The clear blue water of lake is so enchanting that u cant get enough of it, however long u may gaze at it.
After placing the battery for charging I came again near the tranquil lake, this time for a lazy morning stroll.... I started walking away from the camps by the side of lake...mountains in front, mountains on other side and mountains behind. The mountains here are different, they are very dry and cold with rarely any sign of vegetation. Thoughtless, I kept walking away and away from the start point. With limited time in hand and friends waiting, you can't go on endlessly. So at every far off mark, I told myself that I'll return after I reach that point and after reaching there, I pushed my end point further. Sometimes you just don't feel satiated. This went on for some time until I saw a pink wild rose shrub in front of me.....I wondered for a while that how a rose shrub can survive in such a difficult climate, but thats how nature is..mysterious!

That rose shrub became my returning point.

I'm glad I didn't carry any camera with me this time... At times it is better to capture the beauty with your heart than any electro-mechanical device. All my way, I was quiet, happy and bewildered by the beauty of that place. Its a beauty that can't be described in words, only felt by heart...

The sun was bright and high in the sky by the time I returned to my camp and the lake was glittering under sunlight. There is nothing more fulfilling than seeing such an amazing place with your own eyes....


Pangong, I'll come back soon :)

3 comments:

  1. Awwww .... why did u have to decide the End Point ..just coz of ur frnz :( :(
    I happens with me quite often, when i go on bike rides u just cannot stop riding and then u continue riding.
    And please change the Background.. the pics are losing their effect...

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW forgot to mention :P Gd One :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !!
    beautifully written .
    truthful and honest piece of work <3 <3

    Vikram

    ReplyDelete