Thursday, June 9, 2011

....cabbie in Dubai

Traveling is a bundle of joy for me... It gives me a sense of freedom, independence...it makes me feel liberated, complete and content...!!!
With traveling comes the stories, incidents, strangers who meet you for a short while but leave a mark on ur memories...
I wanna share one recent encounter with an Iranian guy on a relaxed Friday morning in Dubai. Mind U, Friday is Sunday in Dubai...
My flight was around 4 and I had 3 hours in hand to shop around...in scorching summers, Dubai is best at its malls :) :) So I asked for a cab. This boy picked me from my hotel n asked where I wanted to go..n my answer was Burjuman.. with sheer innocence he asked why Burjuman...why not go to some places which r relatively less expensive..
n from thr we started chatting.. He shared with me that he is from Iran n came here six months ago only. Quite confused as we all are in our early 20's, he was unsure of his decision to come to UAE for earning. Only son, lost his father few months back n his mother asked him to relocate and earn livelihood for the family. He left his electrical engineering course in middle and went there to become a cabbie...n now unable to decide what to do n where to go....
Wid such a simplicity and innocence that stranger shared his story and his dilemma with me...I was awed by his innocence and his openess n at the same time I felt sorry for him...n for long I was thinking about him...Why God throws such difficult choices in front of us where we have to choose between our dreams n life??? But thats the way life is....
His name is HASSAN n I still have his number saved wid me wid 2 thoughts... mayb next time when I go there, I can find him...or may b he's gone back to Iran to pursue his dreams......

3 comments:

  1. very nicely written boss..!!

    really liked it...keep writing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully written...... really!!!!!!! keep sharing.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to see u blog :) and well written

    ReplyDelete